MAYA FileSafe Step by Step Guide
Maya Data Privacy is inviting users and organisations to try its first product. Whoever has stored data in a file & can’t share it with others because of GDPR compliance can use Maya Data Privacy’s FileSafe app.
- Safeguarding personal data in files by making it anonymous while retaining the utility of data.
- Protecting the individual while enabling organizations to utilise information as permitted under GDPR guidelines.
- Preventing hackers from misusing personal information as anonymous data would have no significance because the individual cannot be reached using such information.
- Providing technology solutions for data privacy independent of local laws and applicable in different geographies across the globe.
Kindly fill out the registration form with the required information. All fields are mandatory. The password must be at least 8 characters long and should include both lower & upper case characters and at least one number & a symbol. After successful registration, you will be redirected to the login screen.
For any issues contact firstname.lastname@example.org and for feedback write to us at email@example.com.
Step 1 Use the upload file button (shown in the pic below) to bring your file headers to the screen. This can be a .csv or an .xlsx file on your laptop. You may also use the file here to try out the product. You may change records to suit your requirement and test if the product meets your requirement by adding extra columns, extra records, changing records, etc.
Step 2 Choose what utility is desired after anonymization for data in a given field in the file. ‘Phone No.’ & ‘Consistent Values’ in Utility Parameter are upcoming features.
Step 3 Click on execute button at bottom-right of the page to get your file anonymized. Give the job any name without special characters when asked in the pop-up window.
Then it will redirect to the ‘History Page’ from where the anonymized file can be downloaded after the Status turns to ‘Finished’ from ‘Active.’ You can check the current status by using the ‘Refresh Button’ at the top-right of the page.
Step 4 Choose Privacy relevance before clicking “execute” to generate reports (e.g. Data Privacy Impact assessment reports) (not available in release 09.09.22)
Step 5 Keep track of all executions performed on the “History page.”
In case you are not getting desired results for your file, please look into the Pre-conditions and Limitations.
- XLSX or CSV file must have the first row as the header.
- File with no header is processed as first row being header.
- Only first worksheet in an xlsx sheet can be processed and a multiple sheet spreadsheet may not process as expected.
- Values in fields must match the expected utility parameter. If a name field is expected to be retaining utility parameter Email – the output file may have all such values omitted.
- Only if the existing data is having the property as expected in the utility parameter, then the anonymized file would retain utility.
- Product may not offer all the algorithms as displayed in the screen. Some of them are greyed out and not available for selection
- Files of length longer than 100 records may be trimmed down to only 100 records in the free / trial version of the product.
- Only csv formats of file can be retained with original structure and formats.
- XLSx files may lose formatting when processed using MAYA algorithms.
- CSV files delimited by comma are only supported as of release 09.09.22.
- Maya Data Privacy takes no ownership of the data. User / organization using this product is responsible to ascertain that they use this product in compliance with GDPR guidelines.
Utility Parameter: This represents the algorithm, which is used to perform the transformation of data by the application. More details on each algorithm can be obtained by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Relevance: This represents the relevance of the field for reporting purposes. Currently, only two options are selectable – “Personal” and “Confidential”. Other options if needed for reporting purposes can be requested by writing an email to email@example.com.
File Group: This represents a collection where the files anonymized using the application may retain relationships. Files anonymized using file group 1 or file group 2 would relate to other files anonymized using the same group. Files anonymized using “Default” file group would not retain any relationship.
Example: Retaining relationship means for example a name John in file_1 anonymized using “File group 1” would be converted to Smith_1 when the utility parameter selected is “Name”. Then if file_2 the name John would also be converted to Smith_1 if the utility parameter selected is “Name” and file group selected is “File group 1.”